I see a number of posts about how bad the United States is and how terrible Western Civilization has been for man kind. If this is so, why:
1. When Chinese folks make enough money through capitalism, they send their kids to the US for an education? You don’t see many folks in the US sending their kids to Beijing for an education.
2. When folks need food, it is the US sending it. It is the US that is giving the government of Kenya money to study cattle production. I missed the article on the government of Kenya advising the cattle ranchers in Texas.
3. It is the US funding medical research in Kenya to find a cure for diabetes. Except for a military base, I can not figure out what Kenya has done for the US.
4. When kids around the world want to pick their clothes, Levi Jeans are always a winner. I have not seen a big rush on Hijabs for teen age girls around the world.
5. When the world wants entertainment, they buy products from Hollywood — though I am not sure why. But is is Hollywood and not Riydah that entertains the world.
6. When folks want to protest peaceably, they can do it in the US. Try to protest in Egypt or Syria and your family never sees you again.
7. If a women in the US is attacked by a man, police protect her. In Afghanistan, she can be stoned for not submitting.
8. Gain too much power from making money in Russia, you can disappear or go directly to jail. Guys like Jobs and Gates are used as role models in the US.
9. Steal something in Saudi Arabia and you lose a hand. In the US, if it is your first time, you very often get off with a warning.
10. In the US, if you want to build a Mosque — go for it. In many Middle Eastern countries, if you even mention Christianity, you can be stoned or disappear.
And we are the bad guys. I don’t think so. We are the last beacon of freedom and capitalism.